The latest screw press has processed sludge with dry solids content to as little as 0.2% DS. The level achievable is dependent on the nature of the sludge.
A thickened dried cake of no-flow quality will be produced by the Hydro screw press with a total solids content of between 12% to 42%. With a solids recovery of 98%, Hydro’s presses can manage flow of between 0.5 cm3p/h to 20 cm3p/h.
Screw presses can also be combined with our range of sludge dryers to deliver a complete process solution.
• Fully automated system
• Ability to handle oil and greases
• Completely fabricated in 304 stainless steel
• Just 2kW electrical consumption per hour (compared to 25kW for a traditional centrifuge) based on a 5m3/hr flow
• Low water consumption (programmable, no continuous flow of water required)
• Small footprint, 75% smaller than traditional screw presses
• Slow operation delivers low depletion and a long (10 year lifespan)